Skip to main content

Feb. 22nd and back at work

I was pretty sick several days last week and stayed home from Thursday to yesterday except for going to the doctor on Friday. I'm feeling much better but coughing all over the place.
I have a cold but Stacy and I were both concerned about congestion that was seeming to start and was waking me up at all hours of the night.
The doctor said "it's not a cold, it's your allergies". Well, I do admit that allergies I never had in California have been quite a problem for me since our permanent move here, but I have a cold and we just wanted to make sure it wasn't becoming something worse. O...........K..........., then why do I have all the other 'cold' like symptoms too? He didn't have an answer, so we talk for a bit while he goes over my file (this isn't like the HMO's back in CA, you get real one on one time around here!) I get a prescription for a nose spray for my sinuses and I'm told to get some Over The Counter cold stuff and I'm on my way.

Since the snow is almost totally gone and the standing water has almost all been absorbed due to temps in the mid 40's for a couple of weeks, I was able to drive the Solstice for the first time in 2010. I put 35 miles on it as I drove around the area a bit while the prescription was called over to make sure everything was all working again. Actually I saw that a lot of ground plants are getting green again already. It is still technically winter though and the nights have been low 20's so I don't think the grass will be growing real fast quite yet.

Since I haven't felt that great not much has been done other than the usual routine tasks.
At the post office where Stacy and I work on the second floor, they're removing and replacing the handicapped access ramp that is the south access and entrance to the main lobby. Stacy said the jackhammer was really bad on Thursday and Friday when they first started taking out the cement ramp. Until about a half hour ago it wasn't any better today! The whole building, 1937 brick, cement and metal, reverberates when they use the jackhammer but it's also all being done about 15 feet below our windows so it is REALLY loud!
Luckily for Stacy she's had to be at the Courthouse for a lot of the day. It's just very, very noisy.
I took a photo but I can't get the photo loaded to the blog page today. Some problem with Picasa according to the pop up window. I'll try again later, they'll be working on it for a while.

Stacy has been working on quilting and is taking a class that meets every few weeks to give the 'students' time to get their projects done for the next class. She does really good work at everything she tries!

Well, I guess I'll work on the photo problem and post again later!
Anybody else watching the Olympics?

Tad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 1st

Just as with the last post I wrote, Stacy is again down in Boise for meetings. This time two days of different types that she was wrangled into going for when the supervisor didn't want to go. These are some high end "department head" meetings and state wide commissioners from the state are there too. Stacy does feel a little out of place but she should do well in any event. It was winter again over the weekend, we woke up on Saturday to a light snow. It wasn't sticking then and it snowed all day without any staying on the ground. Overnight into Sunday it got cold enough and started to stay. Got almost two inches and it snowed all day yesterday too. Actually it was nice. Stacy had to drive over to Spokane (2- 1/2 hours away) for her flight to Boise and when she called she said it was slow going much of the way towards Coeur d' Alene then the snow became rain from before that area on. It is usually colder here than Sandpoint (because of the large lake there), and S...

Just an update

It is getting more like fall to winter now in our area. All the weather forecasts give the possible snow levels and altitudes in the recordings. The temps have been in the low 50's for the past week which is the normal temp range. It has warmed up at night to the low thirties from the low twenties of last week and earlier this week. Next week it's forecasting only low to mid forties! For the high temps! In looking at photos and the older blogs, last October 27th, 2009, was the first snow of the season back then. Will it snow around the same time this year? Stacy and I are both off work next week because our daughter Laura and her son, the only grand kid so far, will be flying out this Sunday for a weeks visit. Stacy and I are really looking forward to the visit. Last time Laura was here was in the summer of 2006 for a couple of weeks. Quite a lot has changed in her little family since then! And Tyler is 4 years old now so he might do more than sleep or cry as he did last visit!...

Its Fall again!

Although the date this says 'posted' is from a while back, I'm online to type about theses photos and get this posted for you to see today, October 12th! I'd uploaded these and the next post couple of photos fully intending to get right back to it in a day or so, it just didn't happen like that. Stacy's father took a trip to California to visit family out there and since he was gone (he's getting back tomorrow night) we've been very busy working at home as well as stuff going on at work. So it's been busy, busy, busy! Stacy left this morning to fly to Boise for meetings (again!) and will be back late tomorrow too. On to these photos; top one is actually on our property, just out back in the forest. The fern was just going yellow to gold then, on this fall morning, it is really golden and rust browns now just a couple of weeks later. Middle photo is a road a little over a mile away in the early evening that I liked with the late day sun on the Aspen ...