Skip to main content

What Difference a Month makes!

So again I'm late! These photos were uploaded last Friday, 4/23/2010, and I haven't been able to get back to them until today.

Like the title says, what a difference a month can make! As I'd planned, I took photos last month with the idea of taking from almost the same place to show the "greening" of our area as more spring weather arrives. So these photos are the before and after kind of photos.

Top two photos, top one from March second from April, show the trees of our property at the left of the photo. The field in the shot is already growing its first cut of this years alfalfa with a small group of Canadian Geese that have started to be in this field in the mornings. You can also see how our days are getting longer fast too! All these photos were taken at almost the exact same hour of the morning, about 7:40 am, and you can really see how much less shadows are in the April shots. We're already getting light by 4:30 am now and by June it will be around 3:00 am with it staying light until after 10:00 pm at night.
















The next two photos are of a much larger alfalfa field exactly 180 degrees from the top photos. It was a more wintry day in March and a glorious April day in the bottom photo.








Other things going on are mainly all work related right now. Stacy will be the department head as of Saturday and next week she'll start making the office her own. Today (4/27) Stacy and the boss for the next 3 days, had to go to Coeur d' Alene for some meetings. The other person that works with us, Carol, is back at work as of yesterday from her 3 weeks off for her husbands heart surgery. So things are getting more back to normal, but next week Stacy will need to set up for interviews and get her replacement hired and on the training road as soon as possible. There has been either 4 or 5 people apply so far and it closes for applications on Friday. The job required bachelor degree is keeping many away we think.

Last Wednesday (4/21) Stacy had set up a retirement luncheon for Jackie. It went very well, people came up from up to 4 hours away for a long lunch to honor Jackie and her almost 20 years of service. Just about everybody from here thought it was a great party and complimented Stacy for such a great party. I was surprised since it was, I felt, just a lunch. But for our court house staff, it was a party. We were very glad it went over so well. I was proud that Stacy had gotten such great kudos. And Stacy really appreciated the help and suggestions that Darrel's wife Connie had given her when Stacy was panicking a bit over how to do it all!
It was a success!

Although I haven't talked to our daughter, Sandy was at the recent music festival in the Palm Springs area of Coachella. Since I knew she was going I read about it. All I can say better she than me! I can't think of anyplace I'd want to be with 75,000 of my "friends". Even events we've been to with a fraction of that amount of people, but still crowded, and I didn't love it then either!
I know Sandy likes to go because the event has had a special meaning for her and her husband in the past. So we hope she had a better time than what I read about it from other peoples reports!

Hopefully I can get back on my schedule of actual weekly posts soon!








Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 1st

Just as with the last post I wrote, Stacy is again down in Boise for meetings. This time two days of different types that she was wrangled into going for when the supervisor didn't want to go. These are some high end "department head" meetings and state wide commissioners from the state are there too. Stacy does feel a little out of place but she should do well in any event. It was winter again over the weekend, we woke up on Saturday to a light snow. It wasn't sticking then and it snowed all day without any staying on the ground. Overnight into Sunday it got cold enough and started to stay. Got almost two inches and it snowed all day yesterday too. Actually it was nice. Stacy had to drive over to Spokane (2- 1/2 hours away) for her flight to Boise and when she called she said it was slow going much of the way towards Coeur d' Alene then the snow became rain from before that area on. It is usually colder here than Sandpoint (because of the large lake there), and S...

Just an update

It is getting more like fall to winter now in our area. All the weather forecasts give the possible snow levels and altitudes in the recordings. The temps have been in the low 50's for the past week which is the normal temp range. It has warmed up at night to the low thirties from the low twenties of last week and earlier this week. Next week it's forecasting only low to mid forties! For the high temps! In looking at photos and the older blogs, last October 27th, 2009, was the first snow of the season back then. Will it snow around the same time this year? Stacy and I are both off work next week because our daughter Laura and her son, the only grand kid so far, will be flying out this Sunday for a weeks visit. Stacy and I are really looking forward to the visit. Last time Laura was here was in the summer of 2006 for a couple of weeks. Quite a lot has changed in her little family since then! And Tyler is 4 years old now so he might do more than sleep or cry as he did last visit!...

Its Fall again!

Although the date this says 'posted' is from a while back, I'm online to type about theses photos and get this posted for you to see today, October 12th! I'd uploaded these and the next post couple of photos fully intending to get right back to it in a day or so, it just didn't happen like that. Stacy's father took a trip to California to visit family out there and since he was gone (he's getting back tomorrow night) we've been very busy working at home as well as stuff going on at work. So it's been busy, busy, busy! Stacy left this morning to fly to Boise for meetings (again!) and will be back late tomorrow too. On to these photos; top one is actually on our property, just out back in the forest. The fern was just going yellow to gold then, on this fall morning, it is really golden and rust browns now just a couple of weeks later. Middle photo is a road a little over a mile away in the early evening that I liked with the late day sun on the Aspen ...